Wednesday, March 28, 2012

merge replication without rowguid

hi,
I have a database that has Primary Key constraints on every table. Yet
when I run the replication wizard and try to configure merge
replication the wizard notifies me that it will create a rowguid on
the tables even though they already have a primary key.
anybody know how to avoid the rowguid column from being created?

regards,
Dorondoron_almog@.msn.com (Doron) wrote in message news:<995517bc.0411031605.30cf6318@.posting.google.com>...
> hi,
> I have a database that has Primary Key constraints on every table. Yet
> when I run the replication wizard and try to configure merge
> replication the wizard notifies me that it will create a rowguid on
> the tables even though they already have a primary key.
> anybody know how to avoid the rowguid column from being created?
> regards,
> Doron

Unless all of the replicas are read-only, how would you prevent the
same PK being allocated to two different rows in two different
replicas?

The solution you are being offered is to have rowguid be the primary
key - what's your proposed solution to the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment