Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Merge Replication with identity keys

Hi ,
I am new in replication area . I have created a merge replication . The
tables which is present in source table has identity key, after creating
replication , I am able to add duplicate values in source as well as
destinations table having same identity values .
Secondly , When new table having identity values are added in article e.g
test1 ,Current Identity seed of test1 in different in destination database
.. I want to synchronise the data in 2 database . ie. when I am inserting
values in Test 1 table on DB1, identity seed should be taken correct seed
automatically and vice versa for destination table . Most of our tables are
containing identity keys , and all reports are based on that key .
Also ,pls let me know is there any helpful articles which simulatiing same
kind of problem.
Pls help me in this regard.
Regards,
Swati
Swati,
when you're ading the table, have a look at the table properties (this is an
elipsis button next to the table). There is a tab for identities. You can
select automatic range management here - ideally select a big enough range
so that there will not be any need to get another. This will ensure no
overlaps.
Rgds,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
(recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment