Wednesday, March 28, 2012

merge replication with filters

I have a merge replication the last weekend, these fail and send me the
message error "you would reinitialice the snapshot because the snapshot was
obsolete", but whe I try rerun the snapshot, it send me another error like
"i couldn't find the jobid @. x x x x x x x x x ".
whatever I made a new subscription and restore my 26 subscribers, and now my
central store fail because the range of the identity is full and don't want
renew the range I used sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange but nothing happends
some body heard somthing like that , I'm gonna crazy now and doesn't work
I check the MSrepl_identity_range and it is updated but not my subcribers
Regards, David
Sounds like your subscriptions have expired and have been dropped. When you
set your retention period (right click on your publication, select
publication properties, and note the value in teh Subscription expiration
section. This should be something small, but large enough that it will be
longer than a long weekend. So try 5 days.
Then make sure your history is also retained for this period. Right click on
replication monitor, select distributor properties, click on properties, and
then retain the history for 5 days also.
Now your challenge is to make sure your agents run and connect with the
subscriber at least once every 5 days. Put your replication agents in
infinite loops so that they will retry on failure.
That's the good news. The bad news is that you are going to have to redeploy
the snapshot to all of your subscribers again.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"David" <davbarquero@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uLTDI$xwEHA.392@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have a merge replication the last weekend, these fail and send me
the
> message error "you would reinitialice the snapshot because the snapshot
was
> obsolete", but whe I try rerun the snapshot, it send me another error
like
> "i couldn't find the jobid @. x x x x x x x x x ".
> whatever I made a new subscription and restore my 26 subscribers, and now
my
> central store fail because the range of the identity is full and don't
want
> renew the range I used sp_adjustpublisheridentityrange but nothing
happends
> some body heard somthing like that , I'm gonna crazy now and doesn't work
> I check the MSrepl_identity_range and it is updated but not my subcribers
>
> Regards, David
>

No comments:

Post a Comment